By Sue Ann Rybak
A 5,000-volt transformer short circuited in the basement of Copley Manor Apartments, 121-123 Tulpehocken St., late Tuesday night, causing the residents to be evacuated.
A dozen residents were evacuated to Germantown High School, 40 E. High Street.
However, the majority of residents had somewhere else to go.
PECO restored power to the apartment building just before 4 a.m. on Wednesday and residents were allowed to return home.
This article was updated at 11:16 a.m. on Thursday by Sue Ann Rybak.