Classified Ads for September 20, 2018
135 HELP WANTED
The Chestnut Hill Local is seeking a dynamic person with a proven track record of sales success to join our advertising team. Candidate should be familiar with working on deadlines, be goal-oriented and posses the ability to work independently to achieve departmental goals.
Newspaper, sales and/or
advertising background a plus.
Interested individuals should submit resumes to:
and tell us why you would be a good fit for this position.
BIRD IN HAND
A local non-profit
Weekly - 3 to 4 hour shifts.
Must have good people skills.
BOUTIQUE CHESTNUT HILL
efficient, well organized
Must be computer/software literate, able to troubleshoot. Research skills and background in managing installation of new management tools a plus.
flexible hours, by agreement.
Please send resume to
Driver with good driving record;
Van, enclosed truck or car with space to make
occasional newspaper deliveries within 10 miles
of our Chestnut Hill office.
LOOKING FOR A GREAT PART-TIME JOB?
3 or 4 days a week! Paid Vacation! Paid Holidays!
No nights, No weekends!
Seeking a Quality Auditor for an inspection program with mechanical knowledge/aptitude & basic computer skills. Detailed & organized. Must have valid driver’s license, with minimal/no violations. Must pass a drug test and criminal background check. Reliable transportation required. Health Ins., 401K, Training & State Certification provided.
Call Kim: 610-574-6248
The Chestnut Hill Local, a 60-year institution within one of Philadelphia’s most historic and affluent neighborhoods, seeks a visionary Publisher to lead this weekly newspaper and website into their next chapter. This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic, innovative Publisher to guide a storied media company with a solid foundation into its digital future.
The Publisher is responsible for the strategic, financial and operational success of all phases of the enterprise. The Publisher exhibits effective team leadership of various departments, including sales, circulation and distribution, editorial, production, human resources and finance. The focus of the position is to work with the volunteer board of directors in developing the vision for the Local and executing and delivering on that vision. The primary responsibilities include sales execution, market strategy, and community engagement. The ideal candidate will have a record of success in both traditional and new media with an astute understanding of digital advertising and marketing.
· Development of revenue and profits in media, digital, and alternative revenue streams;
· Planning short and long-term strategies to achieve goals and objectives;
· Establishing a challenging and enriching work environment for all employees;
· Assure effective recruitment, selection, training, development, and evaluation of personnel;
· Meet projected revenue and expense goals;
· Lead team sales efforts, both in advertising and circulation;
· Prepare the annual budget;
· Enthusiastic involvement in community events and organizations; and
· Regular reporting to the board of directors and attendance at board meetings.
· Thorough knowledge of sales and management techniques;
· A deep understanding of digital media;
· Prior experience in advertising, sales, and news in a competitive market;
· Strong management and recruiting skills; and
· Experience working in industries undergoing substantial change and transformation.
The Local offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a challenging and rewarding work environment. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and any other supporting information to:
Norwood-Fontbonne Academy is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant who works directly with the Director of Business Operations. The Staff Accountant is involved in the day-to-day operations including accounts payable, monitoring the school budget, cash functions, renting of facilities, tuition collection, etc. This position coordinates the human resources functions such as payroll and benefits.
* BBA or BS in Accounting – required
* 2 years’ work experience in school business setting
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word
* Experience with Quick Books or other accounting/bookkeeping software
* Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to multi task
* Strong interpersonal skills
Please respond electronically. Send resume, letter of interest, and completed NFA employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(daytime, weekends, week nights)
Apply in person at Bruno’s
Chestnut Hill College)