This is how you ring in the holiday weekend. The Chestnut Hill Community Fund Drive Committee awarded $90,000 in grants to 28 nonprofit and internal CHCA programs at an awards ceremony at the Center on the Hill on July 3.
CHCA Vice President of Operations and also Co-chair of the Fund Drive Committee Laura Lucas presented checks and spoke of the great services and programs these community leaders were bringing to our community as a result of the latest fund drive.
More than 40 years ago, several Chestnut Hill residents formed a charitable trust, known as the Chestnut Hill Community Fund, to raise money to support the programs of the Chestnut Hill Community Association and non-profits who work to improve Chestnut Hill in four major areas of focus: culture, education, human services and physical beautification.
Below is a look at the grantees and what was funded:
• 67th Season of CHCA Pastorius Park Concerts
• Allens Lane Art Center summer camp
• Chestnut Hill Book Festival and Speaker Series
• CHCA Circle of Trees (Holiday Tree Lighting)
• CHCA Outdoor Movie Night at the Watertower (August 2015)
• The Crossing
• Piffaro, The Renaissance Band
• Tempesta di Mare
• Northwestern Stables Fairmont Park Horse Show
• Philadelphia Dance Theater Nutcracker Ballet
• Fresh Artists providing J.S. Jenks School Art Program
• Mt. Airy Learning Tree
• Center on the Hill senior music and arts program
• Chestnut Hill Center for Enrichment
• CHCA Community Awards at Annual Members’ Dinner
• Chestnut Hill Meals on Wheels
• Keystone Hospice
• Northwest Victim Services (funded by CHCF Public Safety restricted fund)
• Teenagers, Inc.
• CHCA DRC and LUPZ
• CHCA Volunteer Memorial Garden (in front of Children’s Place)
• CH Garden District Fund beautification on Germantown Avenue
• Friends of Children’s Park in Chestnut Hill for J.S. Jenks’ playground upkeep
• Friends of Wyndmoor Train Station for neighborhood garden
• Rotary Club of Chestnut Hill Foundation for pergola restoration
• Stagecrafters public garden for the community
• Chestnut Hill Youth Sports construction of new storage facilities
• Friends of J.S. Jenks for a new sign
Donations to the Chestnut Hill Community Fund Drive are always appreciated. To make a donation online, visit Chestnuthill.org or mail a check to the Chestnut Hill Community Fund, 8434 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19118.